PROJECT BASED ASSISTANTS & INTERNS
FOR MUMBAI/NEW DELHI/BANGALORE/CHENNAI/HYDERABAD/CALCUTTA
We are Looking for contract based assistants who are interested in working on Visual and Narrative based Archiving Projects. Please note that we will not be responding to your application immediately. Your resume will be kept in the Data Base and will be checked for your availability, as and when assistance is required for projects. A length of a project could be range from Three months to an Year.
Project length based Contract Pay: Weekly Wage
Age: 21-35 years
Working in archives means working with people. You must be a college graduate, enthusiastic and capable person interested in people from any cultural and economic background. An interest in current affairs, an increasing interest in Indian, Sub-continental and global History is a must. And curiosity is one of the most important characteristics to have.
- A cheerful disposition, a heart of a researcher with a focused interest in Heritage and History.
- Fluent in English, Hindi and a regional language.
- Transcribing Audio to Text.
- Collecting images and documents from personal and corporate archives.
- Interviewing and recording conversations with strangers.
- Comfortable using current and new technologies on the Internet. (MAC & PC)
- Knowledge of Visual & Audio based digital Formats and Softwares such as Adobe.
- Responding to telephone, e-mail and written requests from clients, researchers, suppliers and members of the public.
- Travelling within the local area and/or country on Project
- Quick learning skills on uncommon softwares for Cataloguing, Indexing and accessioning.
- Handling all hard copy documents with utmost respect, confidentiality and care. There won’t be any tolerance for carelessness.
- Access to a personal desktop/ laptop computer
- Please write a short note about yourself, what you are doing currently and why would you be interested in working with visual and narrative based Archives.
- Attach your resume and a current photograph of yourself.
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org