TERMS & CONDITIONS
Any unauthorized use of any of the content from this site without permissions will lead to immediate legal action.
Any of the digital objects may not be sold or redistributed, copied or distributed as a photograph, electronic file, or any other media without express written consent from the copyright holder and Indian Memory Project.
INDIAN MEMORY PROJECT DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE TO PUBLISH A POST.
CONDITIONS FOR CONTRIBUTIONS
- By contributing to the project, you, the contributor, agree to it being used in Publications, Exhibitions (national and International), slide presentations such as talks meant for educational and project promotion purposes only in all existing and future media.
- If there are queries for image licensing and/or sale by third parties, the owner/guardian will be contacted separately for permissions and licensing details. Please note : Indian Memory Project charges a non-negotiable Industry Standard of 50% facilitation fee of the total license fee per image.
- Indian Memory Project DOES NOT OWN any rights to any of the images or letters for licensing or sale.
- Pictures, Letters and Documents uploaded are curated and administered. All text is proofed and edited.
- Indian Memory Project is not responsible for any conflict or disagreement caused by uploading a picture/letter on its site.
- Only photographs and Letters (including telegrams, ID cards, Postcards) from before the end of the Year 1991 will be considered.
- The “Uploader”/”Sender” must be the guardian/owner of the photograph and letters.
- Please do ensure you know of the people in the photograph, their professions, about their lives, the location, the approximate year, even if not exact. Asking relatives, family and friends always offers new information. Photographs could be of your home, a personal contribution to society, your parents, relatives, friends, associates, extended family, grandparents and/or higher in ancestry.
- Please caption the visuals carefully with as much accuracy as possible.
- FOR PHOTOGRAPHS Names, Approximate/Exact year the image was taken, location in picture, profession, alternate professions, religion (if not obvious) and whatever other history/and details of their lives you’d like to add.
- FOR LETTERS/DOCUMENTS Names, Approximate/Exact year the letter was written, other history/and details of their lives you’d like to add. For letters, it is mandatory to know of the sender and the receiver.
- The Photographs / Letters can be from anywhere in the world, as long as it has a connection to the people and/or places in South Asian Indian Subcontinent
- Narratives/ Stories about the photographs and letters are mandatory.
- If writing down a narrative/story should be a hinderance or a problem, please write in for an appointment for verbal narration to us at firstname.lastname@example.org along with the scanned image. Please note that the text will be edited to suit the format of the project.