TERMS & CONDITIONS
Any unauthorized use of any of the content from this site without permissions will lead to immediate legal action.
1. By contributing to the project, you, the guardian, agree to it being used in Publications, Exhibitions (national and International), slide presentations such as talks only meant for educational and project promotion purposes only in all existing and future media.
2. If there are queries for image licensing and/or sale by third parties, the owner/guardian will be contacted separately for permissions and licensing details.
Please note : Indian Memory Project charges a non-negotiable Industry Standard of 50% facilitation fee of the total license fee per image.
3. Indian Memory Project DOES NOT OWN any rights to any of the images or letters for licensing or sale.
4. Pictures and Letters uploaded are curated and administered.
5. Indian Memory Project is not responsible for any family conflict or disagreement caused by uploading a picture/letter on its site.
1. Only photographs and Letters (including postcards) from before the Year 1991 will be considered.
2. The “Uploader” must be the guardian/owner of the photograph and letters.
3. Please do ensure you know of the people in the photograph, their professions, about their lives, the location, the approximate year, even if not exact. Asking around with relatives and friends can always offer up new information. Photographs could be of your parents, relatives, friends, associates, extended family, grandparents and/or higher in ancestry.
4. Please caption the visuals carefully with as much accuracy as you know.
FOR PHOTOGRAPHS Names, Approximate/Exact year the image was taken, location in picture, profession, alternate professions, religion (if not obvious) and whatever other history/and details of their lives you’d like to add.
Names, Approximate/Exact year the letter was written, whatever other history/and details of their lives you’d like to add. It is mandatory to know of the sender and the receiver.
6. The Photographs / Letters can be from anywhere in the world, as long as it has a connection to the people and/or places in South Asian Indian Subcontinent.
7. Narratives/ Stories about the photographs and letters are mandatory.
8. If writing down a narrative/story should be a hinderance or a problem, please write in for a dictation request at email@example.com along with the scanned image. Please note that the text will be edited to suit the format of the project.