INDIAN MEMORY PROJECT INTERNSHIP 2021
Indian Memory Project is happy to announce a call for two full-time amazing Research and Story Interns, for a stipend of Rs. 15,000/- each. The stipend has been made possible due to the generous consideration of Nazar Foundation, New Delhi, India
Application Deadline : March 30, 2021 | Internship duration : April 7, 2021 – May 7, 2021
This is NOT a part-time position. Candidates must fulfill the criteria below, and email their resumés and other details requested, with the subject line : INTERNSHIP 2021
Incomplete applications will not be entertained, or be responded to.
TO APPLY PLEASE READ BELOW:
– You must be an Indian resident.
– You must be a recent college graduate.
– Are able to read, speak and write a regional Indian language AND English fluently.
– A deep interest in Indian visual cultures, history, photography.
– Access to a personal desktop / laptop computer and the internet
– Are interested in people from all walks of life and cultures.
– Write and attach a 500 word story about your own family based on the oldest photograph available in your family album/ archives. (This exercise is for internal use only, and will not be published until separate permissions follow.)
– Are able to fulfill the requirement of scouting and preparing minimum of 10 archival posts for Indian Memory Project during the internship.
1. Scouting and preparing a minimum of 10 archival posts/ photographs and stories for IMP
2. Explaining the project terms and requirements to interested contributors.
3. Fix appointments and record interviews of people for their stories.
4. Update and CCs on all appointments and contributor queries to Indian Memory Project
5. Signed material release permissions from contributors on email / hard copy.
6. Transcribing / all audio recordings to English text.
7. Scanning/Photographing the images and/or documents received from contributors.
8. Fact checking dates, locations, historical contexts
9. Handling all hard copy documents received from families, with respect, confidentiality and care. There will not be any tolerance for carelessness.
10. Returning all hard copy photographs to families, with receipt confirmations.
11. Uploading all releases, documents received from families, audio and transcribed files to provisioned external drives.
The internship will involve finding new stories, following up on leads, researching, investigating, scanning /photographing images, writing and sending all material to the editor/founder at Indian Memory Project (Principal, The Memory Company). Moreover, you should be very curious, assume nothing, and be interested in other people’s lives from any walk of life.
The intern researcher and writer/s will work with the founder to approve interviews, record conversations/follow up with people they meet over photographs – (scanning a maximum of three photographs from families they meet, and have a release signed). You will also be required to draft, fact check and edit the narrative. This position is best suited for someone who has their own lap-top and can work full time.
REMUNERATION : Two selected Interns will receive a stipend of Rs, 15,000 each at the end of one month, and a credit line on each post that is scouted, researched and prepared by them.
1. Please include what you are doing currently, and why would you be interested in working with Indian Memory Project.
2. Attach your family story and photograph as per the essential criteria above.
3. Attach your resume and a current photograph of yourself. Please include links to any written works, and social network profiles.
5. Email email@example.com with the subject line : “INTERNSHIP 2021”